VIVOTEK GREEN COMMITMENT
Reducing CO2 Emissions and Energy Consumption by Green Design
While human beings have been enjoying the fruits of rapid technology development, the earth is suffering the negative consequences of the technology boom. With global warming and climate change deteriorating, people are beginning to realize the inseparability between the fate of the globe and the future of all human beings. Therefore, many efforts are being made to reduce CO2 emissions.
VIVOTEK is deeply aware of the importance of coexisting with the environment for sustained growth and development. As a result, VIVOTEK has launched several green IT initiatives. In 2006, VIVOTEK received ISO14001 certificate, an international standard that ensures company’s management system abides by environmental policies. In the same year, VIVOTEK announced WEEE/RoHS compliance statements, declaring our products accommodate WEEE waste disposal regulations and restriction on the use of hazardous substances imposed by RoHS. VIVOTEK received IECQ QC080000 in 2008, demonstrating our commitment to controlling hazardous substances used in products, thereby achieving an environmental management system.
VIVOTEK's Quality Assurance Policy is based on the four principles of excellent product quality, topnotch technology expertise, unsurpassed customer satisfaction, and market leadership. Our HSF policy is underpinned by the commitment to promoting green technology to create a new, fresh environment.
VIVOTEK is convinced that a company's profits and market share growth lies in the constant provision of first-rate products and services, and to reach this goal, a quality improvement policy must be implemented throughout the company. With this policy, the belief of excellent product quality, superior service delivery, unsurpassed customer satisfaction, and green product provision can be put into practice by every employee in their life and work. In this way, product and service quality can be further improved and the impact of hazardous substances on the environment will be reduced. In the end, we will be able to rack up the ultimate goal of delivering best quality of service to our customers. We will continue to fully support and supervise our employees to accomplish the mission of quality improvement.
Product Life Cycle
In line with our commitment to environmental quality assurance, VIVOTEK's Quality Management System complies with the standards developed by the ISO and the IECQ HSPM QC 080000 standard by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). So as to make sure the products comply with new manufacturing policies, such as RoHS, WEEE and EuP.
• Certificate Item:
• 2003.02 - ISO9001:2000
• 2007.06 - ISO9001:2000/TL9000-H R4.0/R4.0
• 2007.12 - ISO14001:2004
• 2008.02 - IECQ QC080000 HSPM
• Ban on use of hazardous substances.
• Use of components easy to recycle and disassemble.
• Design of low power consumption products.
• Reduction in material usage.
• Reduction in energy consumption.
• Control of pollutant emissions.
• Simplification of packaging.
• Use of recycled raw materials.
• Use of energy-efficient and low-pollution vehicles.
End of Life:
• Recycling and treatment of used hazardous substances.
• Conformation to WEEE standard.
• Ban on incineration of non-recyclable products.
• Use of endurable and low toxicity materials.
• Reduction in disassembly time and use of highly reusable materials.
• Conformation to EMI standard.